This year, we are taking the MBA World Tour to cloudy Boston Massachusetts! We hope you can join us! Here are the vital details of the trip itself. Below that, you can find the breakdown of the World Tournament itself.
- The event will take place on Saturday April 28th, 2018 at 3pm.
- The registration fee will be $25. This will cover your 3 game minimum and the league dues for the event. If you end up playing 4 or 5 games, you will pay accordingly as you advance.
- Location: Brunswick Zone Lowell Lanes – 647 Pawtucket Blvd, Lowell, MA
- Lowell is about 30 minutes north of Boston proper, but doesn’t take any extra time to get to if you’re driving from the New York area. An approximate 4 hour drive. Also, there is convenient public transportation if you want to hang out in the city during the weekend.
- We have a hotel block at the Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford. CLICK HERE FOR A DIRECT LINK TO OUR BLOCK RATE! The block rate expires on APRIL 6TH 2018, which is the day after registration for this tournament ends as well.
- We are looking to get tickets for the Boston Red Sox vs Tampa Bay Rays game at Fenway Park for the evening of Friday April 27th. You don’t have to join us, but the more the merrier! Tickets will be approximately $30.
- We will be having league lunch at Tavern in the Square prior to the tournament on Saturday at noon if you would like to join us.
- On Sunday, you will go the hell back to where you came from.
*In the PayPal drop down link, you can select if you'd like to join us for the Red Sox game, the pre bowling lunch, both, or neither. You won't be charged for either activity yet. We will contact you after registration closes on April 5th to finalize ticket costs. The lunch itself is merely a reservation and you can pay at it's conclusion like normal people do*
* All 3 chapters will be invited to partake in this winner takes all / everybody dies competition.
* Members will bowl a minimum of THREE games and a maxium of FIVE. Here is the breakdown of the tournament:
MBA Chapter's Cup: Chapter attendees will be broken up into teams of their respective geographical location. The chapter with the best average after two games will win the Chapter's Cup and will therefore be allowed to brag mercilessly until next April. Sounds easy!
Next, every bowlers individual average will be put into order from best to worst. This leaderboard will be broken up into 3 brackets. Of course, the amount of people who go into each bracket will depend on attendence. According to where you place, you will take part in one of the following competitions.....
Gutter Gauntlet: The last stop for the league's cellar dwellers. The kind of bowlers you will find in here are those who throw the ball with two hands, walk away before the pins fall, and those who take pride in those little golden statues. Who will accidentally win THE definitive trophy for bowling in the gutter in this single game elimination?
Mediocre Melee: All of the so-called "middle of the pack" people will also play a single game elimination tournament. Our guess is that there will be some Dude Award bragging amongst those on the lanes, but that won't pale in comparison to winning this Championship.
MBA World Tour Championship: Remember when you won that Munson Cup last month? Who gives a shit. THIS IS IT. 8 person bracket challenge similar to the Roy L. Munson Chapter Championship, but now it'll involve people you dont know. It'll be much easier to let the hate flow. Will your fellow chapter members get behind you after they finish their respective tournaments? Or will they root against you (while gambling illegally?) The ultimate in bragging rights.
2017 MBA WORLD TOUR RESULTS