This year, we are taking the MBA World Tour to Amish Lancaster, PA! We hope you can join us! Here are the vital details of the trip itself. Below that, you can find the breakdown of the World Tournament itself.
- The event will take place on Saturday April 27th, 2019 at 3pm.
- The registration fee will be $30. This will cover your 3 game minimum and the league dues for the event. If you end up playing 4 or 5 games, you will pay accordingly as you advance at $4 per game (Max would be an extra $8.)
- Location: Rocky Springs Entertainment Center - 1495 Millport Road, Lancaster, PA 17602
- Lancaster is about 2 hours 30 minutes from Staten Island, and much further for Boston. Plan accordingly!
- We will be staying at The Hotel Lancaster - 26 East Chestnut Street, Lancaster, PA 17602. If this is too expensive for you, feel free to choose another hotel! I'm sure nobody will remember going back to their room anyway.
- We will be having league lunch at the American Bar & Grill prior to the tournament on Saturday at 12:30pm if you would like to join us.
- On Sunday, you will go the hell back to where you came from.
- REGISTRATION ENDS ON SUNDAY APRIL 21ST, 2019
*The MBA World Tour dues include: 3 games, shoes, a gift, and maybe some blood money. If you advance to the semi final or final, you will pay an extra $4 / $8, respectively once you're done bowling
* All 3 chapters will be invited to partake in this winner takes all / everybody dies competition.
* Members will bowl a minimum of THREE games and a maxium of FIVE. Here is the breakdown of the tournament:
MBA Chapter's Cup: Chapter attendees will be broken up into teams of their respective geographical location. The chapter with the best average after two games will win the Chapter's Cup and will therefore be allowed to brag mercilessly until next April. Sounds easy!
Next, every bowlers individual average will be put into order from best to worst. This leaderboard will be broken up into 3 brackets. Of course, the amount of people who go into each bracket will depend on attendence. According to where you place, you will take part in one of the following competitions.....
Gutter Gauntlet: The last stop for the league's cellar dwellers. The kind of bowlers you will find in here are those who throw the ball with two hands, walk away before the pins fall, and those who take pride in those little golden statues. Who will accidentally win THE definitive trophy for bowling in the gutter in this single game elimination?
Mediocre Melee: All of the so-called "middle of the pack" people will also play a single game elimination tournament. Our guess is that there will be some Dude Award bragging amongst those on the lanes, but that won't pale in comparison to winning this Championship.
MBA World Tour Championship: Remember when you won that Munson Cup last month? Who gives a shit. THIS IS IT. 8 person bracket challenge similar to the Roy L. Munson Chapter Championship, but now it'll involve people you dont know. It'll be much easier to let the hate flow. Will your fellow chapter members get behind you after they finish their respective tournaments? Or will they root against you (while gambling illegally?) The ultimate in bragging rights.